It’s no secret that I love coffee. I love everything about it. The culture. The smell. The journey of the bean to my cup. Coffee shops. Waiting for it and watching it brew or pour over or press or draw. But bullet coffee? Well. That had me on the fence for a while.
TBH, I love coffee DRINKS. Ah. There’s the difference.
When people started dumping butter and coconut oil in their coffee I thought, “gross.” Where’s the milk and the sweetener and the creaminess? No thank you.
In comes this recipe. It’s the perfect combination of creaminess and flavor and sweet, without all the milk. It’s a party in your tummy.
Oh yes. I went there.
And while I have a deep loathing for super long posts just to get to the recipe, I am going to take another precious moment to explain the benefits in this cuppa.
- MCT Oil: good for your gut and may help you stay fuller longer. Read more here.
- Cacao: considered a “superfood” with good fiber content, as well as magnesium and potassium, which benefit the gut, nervous system, and positively affects mood. Read more here.
- Grass-fed butter: good energy, fat, and keeps your appetite satisfied longer. Read more here.
Another couple of points. One, some people will use this coffee drink as a meal replacement. So…maybe once in a while, but not everyday, ok? There aren’t an adequate amount of nutrients here for you to make that a habit. Two, it’s high in fat. So unless you’re on the keto or paleo wagon and are severely limiting your carbs (and leave out the sugar in this drink), this will be a dumb drink for you to implement 24-7. 10-4?
Maybe see this one as a treat, not a daily. Oh! And the immersion blender? It’s a must, or it won’t be as good. Trust me on that one. Enjoy!
Mocha Bullet Coffee
- Coffee maker
- Measuring spoon
- Immersion blender
- 8-10 oz hot brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp french vanilla syrup
- Prepare your 8-10 oz coffee (instant, brewed, pour over, French press, etc.)
- Pour into a pint size mason jar, or any other large container that you can mix in.
- Add remaining ingredients to coffee and use immersion blender to blend until foamy.